With the school holidays well and truly upon us now many of us are thinking about getting away from it all and enjoying this amazing summer sun. Long may it last I say, although I know lots of us are really sweltering now. We were lucky enough to go to Zakynthos earlier in the year so no Mediterranean sun for us this summer. We are, however, taking a little break down to Devon in August and I’ve got everything crossed in the hope that we continue to have some warm, dry weather.
Like many, we’ve endured week after week of wet, soggy English holidays, sheltering in cottages and caravans (sorry I don’t do camping) and hiding in soft play centres willing the rain to stop. We’ve been to Cornwall a few times, South Wales and several parts of Devon, but this is our first visit to the South Hams, in the South of Devon. I’m really looking forward to it. As much as we enjoyed Greece, we stayed in a small hotel on an all inclusive basis and found it great but overcrowded. What I particularly love about my cottage holidays is the seclusion and peace. And I have to admit, the city girls in me never thought I’d be saying that! It’s true though, I love finding a cottage in the middle of nowhere, at the end of a dirt track, surrounded by fields of sheep, and a courtyard of chickens. Oh gosh, as I type I find myself wishing we were going tomorrow.
And so this brings me onto the moodboard I’ve created. ‘What’s in your Travel Bag?’ was something I saw on the Next Blogger Network a little while ago, and loved the idea. Just because I’m not going abroad, doesn’t mean I can’t be stylish eh? I think so, and so this is what I’ll pack in my bag for the trip:
- Bag: I just love this zebra bag and although I actually don’t own it I do have one quite similar. Not sure if you can still get it but this one’s from Next for around £35
- Purse: Versatile, sleek and a little girly, again from Next
- iPad and iPhone: Never far away from me.
- Sunglasses: Love the bit of bling on these from Next, and I will be wearing them whether the sun shines or not.
- Lancôme Juicy Tubes: My all time favourite lip gloss, this one is Lychee.
- Grazia: My fave weekly read.
- Sandals: This fold up version, which I found on an Australian website, would be ideal for popping in my bag and throwing on when we hit the Devon coast.
And that just about does it – what would you put in your Travel Bag?